WMI Student Scholars
We believe that to climb a mountain, you should not undertake the journey alone. It takes resources, knowledge, the support of others and immense dedication. That is why we believe in providing more than just financial support to our student scholars.
In order to guarantee the continuation of your scholarship for the duration of your undergraduate education, you must also provide us with the following documents January 1 and August 1 of each year you’re in school.
- An official copy of your grades for the previous semester or term. Poor grades will jeopardize the continuation of your scholarship.
- An official receipt showing your tuition payment to your school.
- A completed Academic Semester Report for WMI Student Scholars. This is a WMI form you fill out online and submit. It is not from your school. Send this completed form in as soon as your semester is over. Do not wait for your official grades to become available to send in this form.
- A completed Community Service Report for WMI Student Scholars. WMI Student Scholars commit to performing 100 hours of community service within their communities per year. Within the Community Service Report for WMI Student Scholars you will provide honest detail for the activities you participate in. Please do not exaggerate or falsify community service activities.
- Photos of you at school, volunteering (upload with your Community Service Report), or participating in other activities with descriptions. Tips for taking great photos
Ways to Connect with other Student and
WMI Fellowships provide student scholars and graduate scholars with the unique opportunity to expand their social and professional networks in their nation. WMI Student Scholars & Graduate Scholars are encouraged to create strong bonds and assist one another throughout the process of succeeding academically and professionally through the creation of WMI Fellowship groups.
These groups are founded by WMI Student Scholars & Graduate Scholars and have led to the building of support systems that provide networking, mentorship opportunities and group community service projects and activities.
Fourteen WMI Fellowships have been established in Ghana, Kenya, Liberia, Malawi, Mexico, Nepal, Nigeria, Pakistan, Rwanda, Sierra Leone, South Sudan, Uganda, Zambia and Zimbabwe! If you are from one of these nations, reach out to one of the current leaders and introduce yourself!
If you want to start a WMI Fellowship in your nation, are an existing Fellowship interested in the Fellowship Development Fund check out the Fellowship resources.
Thomas Sevordzi, President
Paul Omondi Owuor, Chairperson
James Gbeaduh, Chair
Paundi Mofolo, President
Jonathan Gabriel Salinas Gonzalez, President
Johnson Okolie, President
Ajmal Shah, President
Jean Aime Musabyemungu, Chairperson
Abdul Koroma, Head of Fellowship
Richard Duku, Chairperson
Prossy Alanyo, Chairperson
Cliffton Chifuwe, Chairperson
Sihlobo Khumalo, Chairperson
Connect with WMI Scholars
WMI Dream Big Conferences
The Dream Big Conference brings together current student and graduate scholars to learn, network, and create in-country WMI Fellowship groups. All WMI Student Scholars and Graduate Scholars are invited to attend the conferences, which takes place every three years. Participants are provided partial travel stipends and are encouraged to raise funds themselves to make this opportunity a reality. Conference attendees participate in workshops, panels, team-building exercises, and community service activities. They hear from inspirational speakers, participate in WMI Graduate Scholars and community service panels, and form new bonds and networks. The next WMI Dream Big Conference will take place in 2021 in Accra, Ghana.
WMI Official Facebook Page Please be sure to ‘Like’ the WMI Facebook page to receive updates; we want to see you engaging with our supporters!
WMI Student Scholars and Graduate Scholars Facebook Group Only WMI Student Scholars and Graduate Scholars have access to membership within this group. We encourage you to introduce yourself in a post here, share your community service involvements, accomplishments and ideas.